Look, there are a lot of things I love that people don’t get: fedoras, Crocs, Tom Waits, peach jelly on a bacon and egg sandwich, Buckaroo Banzai and way too many more to mention. The following list I’m sure will contain many things you like or love, hopefully a few you will agree with me. Ready?
1. The Geico gecko speaks in an English, nah Cockney, accent? WTF!
2. The Dave Matthews Band, Kings of Leon and My Morning Jacket. There are too many bands to name that I don’t get, but these three are liked or loved by many people I respect and usually agree with as far as music goes. I’ve tried, I don’t get.
3. Guacamole. Pea diarrhea.
4. Good manners seen as a sign of weakness. In reality nothing makes you stronger.
5. Political hate speech. The way politicians, media pundits and officials spout hateful and bigoted views is just harmless and expected rhetoric, right? Wait a minute, Germany, January 30, 1933.
6. Why we celebrate and idolize the reality stars on Jersey Shore, Real Housewives and their ilk. When did this behavior become something to be cherished and worse, valued?
7. Ketchup on a Hot Dog. Dude, that’s just wrong.
8. Self entitlement. I was at a restaurant yesterday, it was 88 degrees outside. A woman and her friend came in and asked for the heat to be turned on, she is chilly at anything over 74 degrees. At first the waiter thought she was kidding, she wasn’t. When he said he could not turn it on, she became irritated. She could’ve cared less about anyone else dining, just herself. And people, our educational system puts up with these jerks everyday… and their children, see #4.
9. Car advertisements that highlight the speed of a car that can go to 120 miles per hour. Where in America can you drive 120 miles an hour on a public road?
10. Ringo Starr is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as an individual artist, yet all the other Fabs are. He has had more “hits” than John and is the most famous drummer in the history of the friggin’ world. (Poco should be in there , too.)